Well, it’s the final day of the 2013 calendar year and a good time to consider what you should do for 2014 (and beyond).
Business Innovation is the key ingredient for growth in the future of business. Changes in technology, new customer expectations, a re-defined contract between employees and employers, strained resources, and business and social networks are requiring businesses to become insight-driven businesses.
In this presentation, we have gathered 99 facts that represent the changes taking place in the world today. Each facts represents a key insight and suggests where we need to focus and change to become viable, sustainable and growing future businesses.
Some of the slides present mind-boggling facts and statistics that should be relevant to planning for any organization, big or small (and not just businesses either), and even for us as individuals.
A few of the 99 factoids, taken at random:
- 90% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video (petabyte upon petabyte)
- Data being stored is doubling every 18 months
- Asian students account for 53% of all students studying abroad worldwide
- 70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels he or she is being treated
- Tablet growth is more rapid than smartphone growth (3 time iPhone growth)
- Small and Midsized Businesses (SMB) account for over 99% of all businesses in developed economies and 40-70% of value added in the economy (but are the least likely to sell online)