Here "cruft" is designated as:
- C = The percentage of the document that is currently "correct".
- R = The chance that the document will be read by the intended audience.
- U = The percentage of the document that is actually understood by the intended audience
- F = The chance that the material contained in document will be followed.
- T = The chance that the document will be trusted.
At the bottom of this newsletter there are also some very useful hot links to other agile documentation strategies and approaches, including the following one for general issues surrounding communication.